History of the university begins in 1840 when the Winchester Diocesan Training School for training elementary teachers. It reached university status in 2005.
At the University of Winchester there is
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business, Law and Sport
- Faculty of Education, Health and Social Care
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Why should you join University of Winchester?
- Innovative and forward-thinking learning and teaching with scholars at the forefront of their disciplines
- A great location in Hampshire in the ancient cathedral city of Winchester, which is one hour away from London
- An attractive campus situated within walking distance of the city centre
- First year full-time undergraduates are guaranteed high quality campus accommodation (subject to conditions)
- Great sports facilities, including the Winchester Sports Stadium and new University Gym
- A new Student Union inside the award-winning University Centre
- Research activity at national and international levels of excellence
- A safe and supportive community with an informal culture
- A dedicated centre for research and knowledge exchange offering support for postgraduate research students
Winchester is one of the most beautiful cities in the UK with its magnificient cathedral in the city centre. Just an hour’s train ride from London, Winchester is a small but lively city with many high end restaurants, pubs and other entertainment. Southampton is just a 20-minute ride away.
The University of Winchester is the only university in the UK to be awarded five-star accreditation rating for overall organisational excellence by the British Quality Foundation, under its ‘Recognised for Excellence’ scheme, which uses the EFQM Excellence Model.