As an undergraduate at Essex, you’ll receive a high quality education. They enjoy an international reputation for the quality of their research and in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF, 2014) they were ranked top three in the UK for social science research.
Their three campuses in Colchester, Loughton and Southend enjoy excellent transport links and all are less than an hour from central London. If you would like to get more information about campuses click here .
They currently have over 11,000 students, including more than 8,000 undergraduates, from over 130 countries studying for an Essex degree.
- The Essex Spirit – students are encouraged to question and push boundaries, to get involved and make the most out of their university experience
- Top 10 for Student Satisfaction (NSS 2015 and 2014)
- No 1 for Politics and top 3 for Social Sciences in the UK (RAE)
- Uniquely international – 12000 students from 136 countries
- Friendly and supportive campuses less than an hour from London. Advanced booked train tickets to London can cost as little as £8 each way
- Our parkland campus in Colchester, Britain’s oldest recorded town, our Southend Campus in the bustling seaside town and Loughton for East 15 Acting School.
- 33 miles from London Stansted Airport. Many airlines offer affordable rates to and from Europe from Stansted.
- Guaranteed on-campus accommodation (excluding Loughton) starting from £70/week
- 93.7% of international graduates were in employment or graduate level study within six months of graduating
- An extensive range of foundation, pre-Masters and English language pathway courses
- Many of our departments are ranked top 10 (RAE) and we were awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for our work in human rights
- 22nd of universities in the world less than 50 years old (THE 2015)
- Top 50 among the most international universities in the world (THE 2015)
More information about fees and funding.
University of Essex offers scholarships and bursaries for EU students.
Accommodation options in University of Essex are very well organized for first year students. More you can read here.