University has its roots dating back to 1892 when a technical institute was established. A century later, in 1992, it became the University of East London. It has three campuses: Startford, Docklands and University Square Stratford. The latter was opened in 2013. The university is located just half an hour bus ride from the heart of London.
The University of East London is a community of 19,000 students, inspiring academics and dedicated support staff spanning 120 different nationalities. 62% of the research officially rated as “world-leading” and “internationally excellent”. It is also 1st University among universities in England for the impact of psychology research.
The university is divided into schools:
- School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering
- School of Arts and Digital Industries (ADI)
- School of Business and Law
- Cass School of Education and Communities
- School of Health, Sport and Bioscience
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Psychology
University of East London invests in:
- The financial wellbeing of our students through many bursaries and scholarships
- Creating strong links with industry, setting up mentoring opportunities and work placements
- Creating an engaging and inspiring academic experience
- The latest resources and facilities
- Support and advice before you start university
- Study skills support to equip you for success
- A dedicated service to equip students for employment including a graduate internship programme and access to a year’s business incubation space
- A modern and beautiful campus environment with cutting edge campus facilities including a new £21million sports centre (SportsDock), libraries open 24/7 (including a brand new library at Stratford), University Square Stratford (new campus open in autumn 2013)
- Supporting a vibrant, diverse student community
- University of East London’s halls of residence can house 1,000 plus students.