Live And Work in Australia

Work Hard! Play Hard! and Have Fun!

Guaranteed work is offered in the Outback and rural areas following a short introduction to Australian agricultural techniques. The introductory training skills and activities are relevant to life in the countryside with a special focus on safety.

The work is in agriculture (horses, motorbikes, tractors, cattle, sheep) hospitality (pubs, rural resorts, farm stays and museums), teaching Distance Education and child care and anything else that can be done in rural areas such as nursing, construction and mining.

The majority of jobs  provide food, accommodation and the award wage.

Internships are in agricultural, equine, mechanical and veterinary jobs – plus hospitality, tourism, adventure tourism, nursing, mining and construction.

If you apply through SFSF we will process all your necessary paperwork and make travel arrangements for you  so that on your tenth day in the country you can begin to travel out to the job of your choice!

European Union citizens require a visa for travelling to Australia.

Suggested Packing List


  • Passport
  • Driving Licence, an International Driving Licence is only necessary if you want to hire a car.
  • Birth Certificate – if you have a driving licence without a photograph or you don’t have a driving licence.
  • Journal or diary.
  • Insurance Policy document or card
  • Credit Card – please do not bring Traveller’s cheques
  • Print out the Email with your Visa number on it

Work Clothes

  • Jeans / work trousers at least 2
  • Long sleeved work shirts at least 2
  • Work boots (can be bought in Goomeri)(no laces)
  • Underwear
  • Pocket knife (can be bought in Goomeri)
  • Sunglasses for work use


  • Toiletries including medication
  • Alarm clock
  • Small torch
  • First Aid Kit
  • Sleeping bag liner
  • Camera

Casual Clothes

  • Shorts
  • T-shirts
  • Swimming costume
  • Comfortable footwear
  • Something “smart”
  • Something warm

NB! Australian electrical appliances operate on 240V at 50Hz but the socket outlets are not compatible with other countries’ plugs, you will need an adapter.

For more information contact us!